England is now on step 3 of the roadmap out of lockdown plan.
We are delighted to announce that the Dance Academy is now open led by our three highly experienced and qualified dance teachers.
We look forward to welcoming you all back again.
Dance Academy : Spring/Summer Term 2021
Ballet, tap, acrobatic, street, teen, jazz & contemporary dance sessions.
At our Dance Academy we have classes suitable for all age ranges and abilities. Our dance teachers have many years of experience and are trained AIDT, IDTA, and BBO. Through the Dance Academy teachers, we prepare for exams, dance productions, community-based dance projects, and competition work.
Meet our dance teachers
We want all staff, parents, and children to be confident that the provision is safe and we have relevant control measures in response to Covid-19.
To help ensure the risk of virus spread is as low as possible we will be putting the following control measures in place to keep people safe and have this at the forefront of everything we do;
- Social distancing will be encouraged at all possible times and we will have posters displayed on-site to remind staff, parents, and children of this information.
- Classes have been reduced to a maximum of 45 minutes.
- Classes would have a maximum of 12 children. We will run a waiting list and look to put on additional classes if required.
- Sessions will remain outside in two separate areas. One area is the bowls field and the other being the large field. Tailored activities will be set in both areas. The children’s groups will swap play areas to allow them the full range of the activities provided. Halfway through the session.
- We will be moving the majority of our dance classes to the POD floor space at the Hawker Centre to support social distancing guidelines.
- All resources in use will be cleaned at the end of each class.
- There will be a good supply of hand gel and tissues available for each group. We will encourage the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it, approach, please could you do the same.
- To maintain social distancing for adults and in order to ensure the safety of everyone, we request that only one parent drops off.
- Parents will be required to follow the specific pathway labelled with directions towards two the correct drop off zone for your child’s group. Once you have dropped off your child you will need to follow the signs taking you back around to the front of the centre.
- Adults will not be allowed to enter the drop off zones.
- You will be able to collect your child the same way you dropped them off. If you arrive a little earlier than the collection time you will need to wait in the waiting zone. When it is time, follow the path to the correct drop off/collection zone, then follow the path taking you around to the front of the centre.
Even with all these measures in place, children will need to adapt and make changes to their actions and behaviours. We understand that this may be unsettling for your child, and they may need a significant amount of preparation and support in the initial phase of this readjustment.
We would like to ask you to do the following things with your child;
- Talk your child through the guidance in this document, explaining to them what changes can expect to take place and why they are important.
- Keep communicating with staff if your child is finding it difficult to adapt.
- Ensure that your child washes their hands when they get home and if they used their own water bottle that it is thoroughly cleaned.
- Should your child require any medication e.g inhaler, EpiPen, etc, please bring on their first day in a labeled bag with a completed medical consent form.
- If your child starts to feel unwell and will not be able to attend a session, please call the Hawker Centre. If they display Covid-19 symptoms you must let as soon as possible and not bring them in.
We appreciate that there is a significant amount of information to digest. Please take your time to read this, and the other information carefully. If you have any questions, please email us and we will be more than happy to answer these.