Chalvey Hostel, is situated in the heart of Chalvey, which is less than a mile from Slough High Street and it is also one of the largest temporary housing providers in Slough. We work in partnership with Slough Borough Council’s housing needs department and Supporting People Team. We aim to provide excellent support and high quality accommodation to young vulnerable adults between the age group of 17 – 35.
The accommodation consists of 45 units in total, out of which 33 units are self-contained specifically designed for independent living which are not only spacious but fully furnished including fitted kitchens, but with support still on offer. 12 units are shared, where 2 residents share WC/Shower room and Kitchen but on the other hand have separate rooms.
Residents can stay for up to 2 years and each resident has an allocated Housing Support Officer. Slough YMCA caters for single homeless men and women aged 17 – 35, those capable of basic personal care and with low-medium support needs to include:
- A learning difficulty
- Mental health problems (low risk)
- Physical disabilities which do not prevent access to the facilities
- A history of non-violent drug or alcohol abuse
- Criminal records and be on probation
- HIV/epilepsy or other physical illness
- Refugees (supported by Pathways team)
The Chalvey Hostel has the following facilities and services for residents :
- Free wireless broadband internet connection in all rooms.
- Residents Lounge equipped with computers, pool table and table tennis. There is a separate area where residents can relax and watch TV. They also have access to Sky, DVD player and Nintendo wii.
- Laundry room (at no extra cost) and fully equipped kitchen specifically designed for residents when they want to have a party or for cooking classes.
- CCTV coverage in and around the building.
- 24 hours cover by dedicated and knowledgeable members of staff.
- Training room equipped with 6 computers which has specifically been designed for residents if they want to concentrate on job searches or doing their college/course work.
- Youth Council run actively by residents where they have an allocated budget.
Enquiries about accommodation should be made via Slough Borough Council