Contract: Permanent, 16 hours per week (inc evenings, weekends, public holidays)
Salary: £8,053.76 per annum
YMCA St Paul’s Group (SPG) is a charity and registered housing provider whose mission is to be an inclusive Christian Association transforming communities so that all young people can belong, contribute and thrive. As a member of the wider YMCA Federation, our vision is of places where young people thrive and communities flourish
The Association is the largest YMCA in Europe and one of the largest providers of supported housing in London and beyond providing a safe place to stay for around 1,200 residents each night. As well as accommodation, care homes, education and training, the Association is focused on the transformation of communities through its Health and Wellbeing Centres, children, youth and family programmes including nurseries, after school clubs and soft play centres.
This role is based at our YMCA in Wimbledon, reporting to the Chef Manager. The post holder will be expected to cook and create menus for users, ensuring food prepared is both varied and nutritional, whilst staying within set budgets and making sure all duties are carried out to a high standard. This includes assisting with the smooth running of the kitchen which services the soft play and all catering/conferences at YMCA Wimbledon and Park community school. The post holder will also be expected to maximise customer satisfaction and experience of the catering department meeting or exceeding customers’ needs in a professional manner and work with the Line Manager to ensure we meet the vision, and relevant strategic aims and objectives of the Association.
Some duties include:
- Ensuring there is minimal waste in line with the budget
- Ensuring hygiene standards levels are maintained
- Communicating where appropriate with the Chef Manager, and other related departments about bookings, including functions and children’s parties
- Cooking and overseeing the cooking of meals to all service users
- Ordering and maintaining appropriate stock levels to meet the demands of the services provided
- Working effectively when alone and as part of a team ensuring all appropriate health and safety regulations are observed
- Responding to queries, suggestions or complaints related to the catering department
- Reporting when the department requires equipment and resources using current systems in place
- Monitoring sanitation practices and following kitchen safety standards
- Checking freshness of food and ingredients
- Developing recipes and determining how to present the food
- Ensuring that all maintenance issues are reported using current systems in place
- Have knowledge of health and safety issues
- Have experience of working in a commercial kitchen
- Have experience supervising and coordinating activities of other food preparation workers in the kitchen
Completed Application Packs should be directed to our external recruitment/response handler’s HR Initiatives Limited c/o email@example.com
Closing date: We will be reviewing completed applications on a daily basis until we recruit to all posts, therefore please return your application without delay.
YMCA St Paul’s Group is an equal opportunities employer. We value the importance of diversity and positively welcome applications from all members of the community, including those with disabilities. As a responsible employer, we follow safer recruitment guidelines and if you are selected for an interview you will be required to complete an application form, which will be sent out to you. The successful candidate will be expected to declare all previous offences and to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
YMCA St Paul’s Group is a Christian organisation and as an employee you will be required to respect its ethos and uphold its values