Contract: Permanent, 40 hours per week (inc evenings, weekends, public holidays)
Salary: £23,000-£25,000 per annum
YMCA St Paul’s Group (SPG) emerged from the coming together of four separate Associations over an 18-month period. The group is largest YMCA in Europe and one of the largest providers of supported housing in London and beyond providing a safe place to stay for over 1,200 residents each night.
The vision of the Association is of ‘Places where young people thrive and communities flourish’. Its mission is to be ‘an inclusive Christian Association transforming communities so that all young people can belong, contribute and thrive’.
This role is based at our YMCA in Wimbledon, reporting to the Chef Manager. The post holder will be expected:
- Supervise and delegate duties to the catering assistances, making sure all duties are carried out to a high standard.
- Cook and create menus for users, ensuring food preparation is both varied and nutritional.
- Ensure the smooth running of the kitchen, which services the soft play and all catering/conferences at YMCA Wimbledon
- Maximise customer satisfaction and experience of the catering department meeting or exceeding customers’ needs in a professional manner
- Work with the Chef Manager ensuring we meet the vision, and relevant strategic aims and objectives of the Assocation
- have cooking qualifications Level 3 diploma (or higher)
- Have knowledge of health and safety practices
- Have experience of front of house in a customer facing environment (high quality services)
Please complete the application form and equal opportunities monitoring form below. Completed Application Packs should be directed to our external recruitment/response handler’s HR Initiatives Limited c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30th August 2019
YMCA St Paul’s Group is an equal opportunities employer. We value the importance of diversity and positively welcome applications from all members of the community, including those with disabilities. As a responsible employer, we follow safer recruitment guidelines and if you are selected for an interview you will be required to complete an application form, which will be sent out to you. The successful candidate will be expected to declare all previous offences and to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
YMCA St Paul’s Group is a Christian organisation and as an employee you will be required to respect its ethos and uphold its values