Whatever the weather, the Pod at YMCA Hawker is a great destination for parents and carers planning a day out with lots of exciting activities for the kids.
Here, children aged 0-11 can climb, jump, swing, stretch, wriggle, balance and bounce in the two-storey installation whilst parents enjoy a coffee and a snack from the café.
During term time, we are offering “extra play with your stay” three days a week, including:
Musical Mondays – 1.45 – 2.15pm
Come and sing along your favourite songs with us in the sensory room (free with pod entry)
W-arty Wednesdays – 1.30-2.30pm
Come and get crafty and take away your masterpiece with you (50p donation for materials)
Fantasy Fridays – 2pm – 5pm
Dress up as your favourite character or have a rummage through our role-play box and see who you want to be for the afternoon! (free with pod entry)
What you need to know before visiting the Pod
- The Pod is for children aged 11 and under
- All children must wear socks
- Pre-booking is only available to groups of 8 children or more – contact CathrynThompson@ymcalsw.org for details.
- The Pod has a maximum capacity of 84 children
- During busy times, play will be limited to two hours
- Please ensure there are enough adults to supervise your group safely. We recommend a ratio of 1:4 adults to children.
The Pod is open 7 days a week. Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 5.30pm (last entry 4.45pm). Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 12 noon (last entry 11.15am).
Find out more
If you have further questions about our “extra play with your stay” activities, please contact reception on 020 8296 9747 or email CathrynThompson@ymcalsw.org