Responsible to: Community Activities Team
Location: YMCA Wimbledon, although may be required to work at any YMCA St Paul’s Group location.
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week, as agreed with Line Manager, including occasional evenings and weekends
Closing date: 26th March 2019
YMCA St Paul’s Group (SPG) emerged from the coming together of four separate Associations over an 18-month period. The group is largest YMCA in Europe and one of the largest providers of supported housing in London and beyond providing a safe place to stay for over 1,200 residents each night. As well as accommodation, education and training, the Association is focused on the transformation of communities through its 6+ Health and Wellbeing Centres, including an outdoor swimming pool and a wide range of Children, Youth and Family programmes including nurseries, after school clubs and soft play centres. Through the merger and accompanying new investment we expect the range, reach and impact of our services to grow so that we can better realise our vision.
The vision of the Association is of ‘Places where young people thrive and communities flourish’. Its mission is to be ‘an inclusive Christian Association transforming communities so that all young people can belong, contribute and thrive’.
The Community Activities Team works in-conjunction with the Housing and Support Team and provides a varied range of personal development, engagement, employment, training and volunteering opportunities to its residents. The Housing and Support Team is committed to helping people move from dependence to independence.
The postholder will be expected to take referrals from the Support Brokers and prepare one to one and group work sessions for residents in numeracy, literacy, ICT and online training. They will provide support and advice in accessing external training and education opportunities.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Understanding of the problems facing homeless people and homelessness issues
- Understanding of confidentiality in a support setting
- Experience of delivering training to people with a variety of learning needs and responding appropriately to these
- Experience of designing and providing lesson plans and training sessions
- Experience of teaching or tutoring clients in a one-to-one and group setting
- Experience of recording, monitoring, collating statistics and report writing
Benefits of working with us:
- Free use of our health and fitness wellbeing facilities (including gym, sports hall, sauna);
- 15% staff discount in our restaurant
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- A salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Contributory group pension scheme
Inspired and faithful to our Christian values, the YMCA welcomes, serves and works with persons of all religious faiths and of none, who are committed to working towards the creation of supportive, inclusive and energising communities.
Completed Application Packs should be directed to our external recruitment/response handler’s HR Initiatives Limited c/o email@example.com
Closing date: Tuesday 26th March 2019
YMCA St Paul’s Group is an equal opportunities employer. We value the importance of diversity and positively welcome applications from all members of the community, including those with disabilities. As a responsible employer, we follow safer recruitment guidelines and if you are selected for an interview you will be required to complete an application form, which will be sent out to you. The successful candidate will be expected to declare all previous offences and to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
YMCA St Paul’s Group is a Christian organisation and as an employee you will be required to respect its ethos and uphold its values