Job Title: Health and Wellbeing Receptionist
Location: YMCA Surbiton
Contract: Part time – Permanent
Hours of Work: 8 hours per week
Salary: £8.57 per hour
Closing Date: Wednesday, 31st October 2018
The YMCA St Paul’s Group (SPG) emerged from the coming together of four separate Associations over an 18-month period. The group is the largest YMCA in Europe and one of the largest providers of supported housing in London and beyond providing a safe place to stay for over 1,200 residents each night. As well as accommodation, education and training, the Association is focused on the transformation of communities through its 6+ Health and Wellbeing Centres, including an outdoor swimming pool and a wide range of Children, Youth and Family programmes including nurseries, after school clubs and soft play centres. Through merger and accompanying new investment we expect the range, reach and impact of our services to grow so that we can better realise our vision.
The vision of the Association is of a Christian Charity where people can come as they are, be met at their point of need and find life in all its fullness. The Group’s mission is to create a Large but Local organisation that can reach out across the capital to transform communities so all young people can belong, contribute and thrive.
To provide a warm welcome and information on Association services to the public, all residents, guests, members and telephone callers to the Association. To assist the smooth running of the centre, particularly controlling ‘people traffic’ in the reception areas and to provide admin support to Health and Wellbeing services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet and greet customers, including answering enquiries about the programme and services on offer with the various options of using the facilities and payment. To assist the team in the provision of excellent customer care which meets the needs of every current and prospective health and fitness user. Ensuring all Health and Wellbeing users and those using the centre’s needs are understood and met in an assertive and positive manner at all times.
- Seek feedback from members and customers and ensuring we deliver excellent Customer Care within the guidelines and mission of the YMCA.
- Book classes, gym and junior programme sessions and taking payments accurately and methodically.
- Book all new gym users in the Get Started retention programme and track them through this with regular phone calls.
- Complete manual and computerised records relating to membership and bookings of facilities.
- To maintain accurate receipting and accounting of all monies and credit transactions taken whilst on duty, checking floats and reconciling till at the end of shift.
- Have excellent product knowledge.
- Conduct tours of facilities in line with the sales and follow up process, inform and sell memberships and other promotions effectively.
- Ensure that all data is methodically and accurately input into the computer system and produce membership cards and member packs for new members.
- Send out renewal invoices as annual memberships are due to expire. Follow through with members that do not renew to ascertain why and to send promotional information to encourage them to re-join. Remove from the membership system, members who after a period of time do not re-join.
- Suggest ways of increasing membership; getting involved with membership drives.
- Ensure reception areas are tidy and that information displayed is up to date.
- Undertake administrative or other reasonable tasks, as required, to assist with the smooth running of the Association.
- Undertake all duties with regard to the Association’s Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy and other policies and procedures adopted by the Association.
- To respect the Christian ethos of YMCA St Paul’s Group and uphold its values.
Scope and Limits of Authority
Most procedures are laid down and hence there is no expectation to make decisions outside of the job remit. However, many new situations will arise which the reception staff have to handle, sometimes without immediate access to a duty manager.
Commencing at 25 days per annum plus public holidays (for five days per week workers; otherwise pro-rata).
Free use of the health and fitness facilities; a 15% staff discount in restaurants.
YMCA St Paul’s Group is a Christian organisation and as an employee, you will be required to respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and uphold its values.
A full job description, applicant pack, applicant privacy notice please can be found below and can be viewed downloaded. Completed Application Packs should be directed to our external recruitment/response handler’s HR Initiatives Limited c/o email@example.com
Closing date: 31st October 2018 Charity No: 1041923
Closing Date: Wednesday 31st October 2018
Charity No: 104192