Hawker is a fantastic family friendly place to enjoy your summer. Our soft play, sensory room, outdoor playground, the Thames side cafe, well equipped gym, wide range of classes, field and tennis courts offer fun for all the family.
We’re planning a to wrap up the long sunny days with a fond farewell to summer 2022 at YMCA Hawker with our family fun day on 4 September.
Hawker Family Fun Day
4 September 2022
Join us for a Health and Wellbeing Fun day for the whole community. There will be taster sessions of our gym classes, BBQ, a bouncy castle and lots of more fun on the field.
10am – 2pm
- Kingston Stragglers Running Club will be running their River Relay with Hawker the end of the run. The River Relay is a baton relay run over five stages from Boveney to Kingston-upon-Thames, finishing at the Hawker Centre. Mixed teams of 5 people. All team members must be at least 18 years of age. This distance is approximately 26.5 miles – just over a full marathon! River Relay :: The Stragglers Running Club
- Finishers (and all visitors on the day) will welcome the chance to rehedydrate and have a spot of food from the BBQ
- Kumon will provide a chance to see how additional learning classes can really help your child’s learning
- Playball who introduce young children to constructive and enjoyable sport participation through various age-appropriate programmes.
- Tennis and the Hawker Jets Tennis Academy will provide some drop in opportunities on the day to try tennis
- Khalsa Karate will provide some Karate demonstrations
- There will be an opportunity to try some of our exercise classes tbc – Yoga, Line dancing
- Our Café will be open
- You can try Paddle boarding
- RBK Bikeability
- Fire Brigade
- Children’s Activities
- Gym challenges
- Membership offer 1 day guest passes
Activities are subject to the weather permitting.