Location: YMCA Wimbledon
Hours: 13 hours per week
Salary: £8.17 per hour.
Location: YMCA Parsons Green
Hours: 15 hours per week
Salary: £8.17 per hour.
YMCA St Paul’s Group (SPG) is a charity and registered housing provider whose mission is to be an inclusive Christian Association transforming communities so that all young people can belong, contribute and thrive. As a member of the wider YMCA Federation, our vision is of places where young people thrive and communities flourish
The Association is the largest YMCA in Europe and one of the largest providers of supported housing in London and beyond providing a safe place to stay for around 1,200 residents each night. As well as accommodation, care homes, education and training, the Association is focused on the transformation of communities through its Health and Wellbeing Centres, children, youth and family programmes including nurseries, after school clubs and soft play centres.
This role is based at our YMCA in Wimbledon, reporting to the Housekeeping Supervisor. The post holder will be expected to provide a high quality cleaning service within the YMCA Wimbledon premises keeping areas tidy and safe and creating a pleasant environment for users/visitors. They will also be expected to provide a listening ear to residents, service users and members of the public, reporting concerns or repair issues as appropriate.
The right candidate will:
- Have an understanding of cleaning products and their appropriate uses
- Have knowledge of effective cleaning methods
- Have an understanding of the range of people using the services and buildings
- Have knowledge of health and safety issues
- Clean public areas, including floors (polished, stone and carpet) and stairs, some external areas, clean marks off walls; dust and polish surfaces; clean windows within reach; clean toilets, changing rooms, showers, including replacing towels, tissue and soap; empty bins.
- Work with minimum disturbance to building users, placing safety notices or informing people if likely to be any danger (wet floors, trailing cables, hazardous cleaning materials, etc.).
- Clean rooms in accordance with schedule/routine determined by Housekeeping Supervisor and being sensitive to needs of residents; empty rubbish bins and wash out regularly; change bed linen in accordance with service standards; clean sinks and mirrors; windows within reach; clean room carpets, shampooing as necessary.
- Clearing out any rubbish; assisting with ‘bagging-up’ of personal belongings; ‘deep clean’ as necessary.
- Clean toilets and showers, replacing consumable items as necessary.
- Get to know residents in work area, encouraging them to engage in the life and activities of the hostel as appropriate.
- Inform the Housekeeping Supervisor, Reception staff and/or Housing Support Staff if there are any matters of concern with residents, or resident refuses access to room.
- Report any Health & Safety matters and/or damage or repair issues to Housekeeping Supervisor and/or Housing Support Staff.
Completed Application Packs should be directed to our external recruitment/response handler’s HR Initiatives Limited c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
YMCA St Pauls Group Equal Opportunities Form
YMCA St Pauls Group Application Pack Guidance
Closing date: Rolling deadline, so please send applications asap.
YMCA St Paul’s Group is an equal opportunities employer. We value the importance of diversity and positively welcome applications from all members of the community, including those with disabilities. As a responsible employer, we follow safer recruitment guidelines and if you are selected for an interview you will be required to complete an application form, which will be sent out to you. The successful candidate will be expected to declare all previous offences.
YMCA St Paul’s Group is a Christian organisation and as an employee you will be required to respect its ethos and uphold its values