Housing Support Officer
Ventura House Project
Full-time, permanent post 40 hours per week
£25,080.00 per annum
Last Date: 22 May 2018
West London YMCA’s mission is developing opportunities that transform young lives. The primary purpose of YMCA West London’s Ventura House Project is to provide high quality, holistic support and temporary housing accommodation with associated facilities for young vulnerable people to develop their personal and social skills sufficient for them to live independently from the YMCA in a sustainable way.
Every member of staff, therefore, has the support of residents as their primary purpose. The principle accountability of this post therefore flow from that premise.
Our Ventura House Project comprises of 82 units housing vulnerable, homeless young people. Our housing team provide targeted support to enable our residents to develop their skills and move towards independent living.
As the Housing Support Officer you will work with up to 20 clients, and you will be responsible for giving advice and assistance on everything from benefit claims to budgeting and accessing health care. You will work to provide our resident members with the support they need to move on to accommodation of their own, conducting interviews and risk assessments and developing outcome-focused support plans.
To be successful in this role we are now looking for like-minded driven individuals with the necessary experience to take on this role. You will:
- Possess solid knowledge and experience of housing and supporting young people within a foyer environment.
- Have a proven track record of being able to engage those that can often be ‘difficult to engage, undertake specialist interventions appropriate to the customer’s needs specifically in relation to mental health but it may also include substance misuse and offending behavior
- Be able to recognise indications of mental health problems, provide specific interventions, to work with statutory agencies in responding to crisis situations including engaging with crisis management plans
- Possess the experience and knowledge to respond to challenging customer situations and behavior and to use appropriate techniques to de-escalate situations and support customers to positively change their behavior
- Customers focused and committed to continuous service improvement
- Aptitude to communicate at all levels, and to be able to manage relationships with key external partners to deliver joint support planning for customers
- good working knowledge of housing and welfare benefits
- Ability to represent our service and the organisation
- Able make decisions under pressure
- Good ICT skills
Closing date: 22 May 2018
To download a full application pack, please visit www.westlondonymca.org, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that an application form will need to be completed, as CV’s will not be accepted.