Location: South Ealing
Contract: Permanent, 40 hours per week (Shift pattern: 8am-10pm)
Salary: £25,461 per annum
YMCA West London is a part of YMCA St Paul’s Group (SPG). SPG emerged from the coming together of four separate Associations over an 18-month period. The group is largest YMCA in Europe and one of the largest providers of supported housing in London and beyond providing a safe place to stay for over 1,200 residents each night. As well as accommodation, education and training, the Association is focused on the transformation of communities through its 6+ Health and Wellbeing Centres, including an outdoor swimming pool and a wide range of Children, Youth and Family programmes including nurseries, after school clubs and soft play centres. Through the merger and accompanying new investment we expect the range, reach and impact of our services to grow so that we can better realise our vision.
The vision of the Association is of ‘Places where young people thrive and communities flourish’. Its mission is to be ‘an inclusive Christian Association transforming communities so that all young people can belong, contribute and thrive’.
We are looking to appoint a dedicated and motivated Housing Support Officer for our Ealing hostel, reporting to the Senior Housing Support Officer.
The post holder will be expected to provide high quality, holistic support and temporary housing accommodation with associated facilities for young vulnerable people to develop their personal and social skills in order for them to live independently. Every member of staff, therefore, has the support of residents as their primary purpose. The principle accountabilities of this post therefore flow from this premise.
Some duties include:
- Supporting those who have complex needs including clients with mental health problems
- Ensuring that interviews and risk assessment with prospective clients are carried out within the prescribed time limits and that the resident once accepted is fully and carefully inducted into the YMCA
- Helping in settling residents into the accommodation
- Helping in maintaining the licence or tenancy
- Helping in developing life/domestic skills as well as social skills and behaviour management
- Giving advice, advocacy and liaison as well as emotional support and general counselling
- Deliver monthly mental health and wellbeing workshops
- Keep abreast of the changes to mental health legislation, government priorities and sharing with the wider organisation
- Have knowledge of Supporting People Programme and the issues facing young vulnerable people
- Have knowledge of implementing Arrears Policies
- Have knowledge of the support needs of verified rough sleepers and how these can be supported in a hostel setting
- Have knowledge of mental health diagnoses and the impact this has for the individual
- Have knowledge of treatment services and how to access them
- Have knowledge of key organisations that the service works in partnership with
- Have knowledge of best practice in Safeguarding Adults
- Have experience of working with a vulnerable client group with mental health problems
- Have experience of working in partnership with Statutory and Voluntary Agencies to deliver co-ordinated support to customers
Benefits include: On going staff development, training, opportunities for career progression, 22 days annual leave (increasing by a day per year to a maximum of 27 pro rata plus bank holidays), a pension scheme, free Life Assurance, Child Care vouchers scheme, Cycle2Work scheme, free Health cash plan including an Employee Assistance Programme.
Completed Application Packs should be directed to our external recruitment/response handler’s HR Initiatives Limited c/o email@example.com
Closing date: 25 January 2019
Interview dates: 28 January onwards
YMCA St Paul’s Group is an equal opportunities employer. We value the importance of diversity and positively welcome applications from all members of the community, including those with disabilities. As a responsible employer, we follow safer recruitment guidelines and if you are selected for an interview you will be required to complete an application form, which will be sent out to you. The successful candidate will be expected to declare all previous offences and to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
YMCA St Paul’s Group is a Christian organisation and as an employee you will be required to respect its ethos and uphold its values