Location: Chalvey, Slough
Contract: Fixed term (12 months), Full time (35 hours per week)
Salary: £21,312.22 per annum (£11.71 per hour)
YMCA St Paul’s Group (SPG) emerged from the coming together of four separate Associations over an 18-month period. The group is largest YMCA in Europe and one of the largest providers of supported housing in London and beyond providing a safe place to stay for over 1,200 residents each night. As well as accommodation, education and training, the Association is focused on the transformation of communities through its 6+ Health and Wellbeing Centres, including an outdoor swimming pool and a wide range of Children, Youth and Family programmes including nurseries, after school clubs and soft play centres. Through the merger and accompanying new investment we expect the range, reach and impact of our services to grow so that we can better realise our vision.
The vision of the Association is of ‘Places where young people thrive and communities flourish’. Its mission is to be ‘an inclusive Christian Association transforming communities so that all young people can belong, contribute and thrive’.
This role is based at our YMCA in Slough, reporting to the Senior Housing Support Officer. The post holder will be expected to provide high quality, holistic support and temporary housing accommodation with associated facilities for young vulnerable people to develop their personal and social skills sufficient for them to live independently from the YMCA in a sustainable way and assist them to move on in a planned manner to more independent accommodation. Every member of staff, therefore, has the support of residents as their primary purpose. The principle accountabilities of this post therefore flow from that premise.
Some duties include:
- Ensuring that interviews and risk assessment with prospective clients are carried out within the prescribed time limits
- Ensure that the resident once accepted is fully and carefully inducted into the YMCA
- Help settle residents into the accommodation and develop domestic/life/social skills as well as behavior management
- Provide advice, advocacy and liaison to residents
- Help residents with managing finances, benefit claims, emotional support, general counselling and establishing social contacts
- Knowledge of Supporting People Programme and the issues facing young vulnerable people
- Knowledge of implementing Arrears Policies
- Experience of working with a vulnerable client group
Completed Application Packs should be directed to our external recruitment/response handler’s HR Initiatives Limited c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 7 January 2019
YMCA St Paul’s Group is an equal opportunities employer. We value the importance of diversity and positively welcome applications from all members of the community, including those with disabilities. As a responsible employer, we follow safer recruitment guidelines and if you are selected for an interview you will be required to complete an application form, which will be sent out to you. The successful candidate will be expected to declare all previous offences and to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
YMCA St Paul’s Group is a Christian organisation and as an employee you will be required to respect its ethos and uphold its values