YMCA West London (part of SPG)
Permanent Opportunities within the Housing Department
Location: Ventura House, YMCA Hayes
Contract: Permanent; Full-Time – 40 hours per week
Salary: £25,459.20 per annum
Closing Date: 12th August 2020
YMCA West London’s mission is developing opportunities that transform young lives.
Our Ventura House Project comprises of 82 units housing vulnerable, homeless young people. Our housing team provide targeted support to enable our residents to develop their skills and move towards independent living.
Every member of staff, therefore, has the support of residents as their primary purpose. The principle accountabilities of this post therefore flow from that premise.
About the role
As the Housing Support Officer you will work with up to 20 clients, and you will be responsible for giving advice and assistance on everything from benefit claims to budgeting and accessing health care. You will work to provide our resident members with the support they need to move on to accommodation of their own, conducting interviews and risk assessments and developing outcome-focused support plans.
For more information about the role and the Job Description please click here.
To be successful in this role we are now looking for like-minded driven individuals with the necessary experience to take on this role. You will:
- Possess solid knowledge and experience of housing and supporting young people within a foyer environment.
- Have a proven track record of being able to engage those that can often be ‘difficult to engage, undertake specialist interventions appropriate to the customer’s needs specifically in relation to mental health but it may also include substance misuse and offending behaviour
- Be able to recognise indications of mental health problems, provide specific interventions, to work with statutory agencies in responding to crisis situations including engaging with crisis management plans
- Possess the experience and knowledge to respond to challenging customer situations and behaviour and to use appropriate techniques to de-escalate situations and support customers to positively change their behaviour
- Customers focused and committed to continuous service improvement
- Aptitude to communicate at all levels, and to be able to manage relationships with key external partners to deliver joint support planning for customers
- Good working knowledge of housing and welfare benefits
- Good ICT skills
External applications must be sent to Amy Newton at email@example.com
Internal applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12th August 2020
We are committed to reflecting the diverse community we serve and creating an inclusive workplace for all people, where everyone feels valued. We encourage applications from a diverse range of people and are committed to employment practices that are fair, responsive and inclusive. Furthermore, we are committed to providing adjustments and accessibility to candidates with a disability. Please make direct contact to discuss how we can support you throughout your candidate journey.
YMCA West London is a Christian organisation and as an employee you will be required to respect its ethos and uphold its values.
The successful candidate will be expected to declare all previous offences and to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.