Full time, 40hrs per week
Location: YMCA Walthamstow
Contract: Fixed Term until 31st March 2020
Context of the Organisation
YMCA St Paul’s Group (SPG) emerged from the coming together of four separate Associations over an 18-month period. The group is largest YMCA in Europe and one of the largest providers of supported housing in London and beyond providing a safe place to stay for over 1,200 residents each night.
The vision of the Association is of ‘Places where young people thrive and communities flourish’. Its mission is to be ‘an inclusive Christian Association transforming communities so that all young people can belong, contribute and thrive’.
This is a joint project working with London Borough of Waltham Forest and St Mungo’s to provide services and strategies to help the Borough reduce and ultimately prevent rough sleeping in Waltham Forest.
We have one position available, on a fixed term contract to 31st March 2020 (extension subject to funding). You will be required to work a rota including weekends and Bank Holidays.
The Rough Sleeper Assessment and Pathway Team forms part of the overall Housing Department at YMCA Walthamstow. The team works closely with St Mungo’s and the London Borough of Waltham Forest to provide emergency, short term accommodation, assessment of need and building pathways to longer term accommodation for the rough sleeping population of Waltham Forest.
Applicants should have:
- Knowledge and awareness of outreach practices to engage rough sleepers including awareness of the need for a supportive but assertive approach;
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues involved in engaging street homeless people and their challenges
- Knowledge of Welfare Benefits and Housing Law relating to single homeless people
- The ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- An understanding of the needs and support requirements of vulnerable clients, including those with mental health / or substance misuse problems
- Experience of working with agencies such as the police, mental health services, probation, social services etc.
- Experience of dealing with Anti-Social Behaviour
- Strong Administrative skills and experience of using a wide range of packages
Completed Application Packs should be directed to our external recruitment/response handler’s HR Initiatives Limited c/o email@example.com
Closing date: 30th October 2019
YMCA St Paul’s Group is an equal opportunities employer. We value the importance of diversity and positively welcome applications from all members of the community, including those with disabilities. We aim to make our recruitment process as accessible and inclusive as possible, so if candidates need any reasonable adjustments during the process, please let us know.
As a responsible employer, we follow safer recruitment guidelines and if you are selected for an interview you will be required to complete an application form, which will be sent out to you. The successful candidate will be expected to declare all previous offences and to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
YMCA St Paul’s Group is a Christian organisation and as an employee you will be required to respect its ethos and uphold its values.