YMCA St Paul's Group
Location: YMCA Wimbledon
Contract: Permanent; Full-Time – 40 hours per week on a rota
Salary: £26,998 per annum
At YMCA we are dedicated to growing/developing our internal talent and assisting employees reach their professional goals through secondment and promotion opportunities. We believe that on-the-job experience will provide you with career stretch and growth, therefore providing you with broader knowledge, experience and adaptability to different practices to achieve best outcomes. We are committed to your development and assisting you achieve your goals, this is further reinforced by the plentiful and diverse training offer available to staff.
About the role
Reporting to the Area Services Support Manager, the post holder will be responsible for leading, training, supervising and delegating duties to the catering team, and making sure all duties are carried out to a high standard. The post holder will provide consistency in the smooth running of the kitchen operations and to create menus for users, ensuring food is varied and nutritional, whilst staying within allocated budgets.
For more information about the role please click here
Applicants must have:
- Level 3 diploma or higher cooking qualification
- Numeracy and well developed IT skills i.e. Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of health and safety practices and able to work within these guidelines
Good to have, however not essential:
- Hospitality/Hotel Management qualification or equivalent accredited with a professional
- Knowledge of the YMCA, its services and local facilities
- Able to demonstrate understanding of the key business areas in which the organisation operates and have a clear understanding of the environment in which the organisation exists.
Closing date: 3rd August 2020
Complete the Internal Application Form in the link below and then click “Apply” at the bottom of this page.
This role is only opened to internal YMCA SPG/West London employees. Please ensure you have had a conversation with your direct line manager before submitting your application.
Equal Employment and Diversity
We are committed to reflecting the diverse community we serve and creating an inclusive workplace for all people, where everyone feels valued. We encourage applications from a diverse range of people and are committed to employment practices that are fair, responsive and inclusive. We are committed to providing adjustments and accessibility to candidates with a disability.
YMCA St Paul’s Group is a Christian organisation and as an employee you will be required to respect its ethos and uphold its values.