YMCA St Paul's Group
Location: YMCA Wimbledon
Contract: Permanent; Full-Time – 40 hours per week on a rota
Salary: £27,000 per annum
YMCA St Paul’s Group (SPG) emerged from the coming together of four separate Associations over an 18-month period. The group is largest YMCA in Europe and one of the largest providers of supported housing in London and beyond providing a safe place to stay for over 1,200 residents each night.
The vision of the Association is of ‘Places where young people thrive and communities flourish’. Its mission is to be ‘an inclusive Christian Association transforming communities so that all young people can belong, contribute and thrive’.
About the role
Reporting to the Area Services Support Manager, the postholder will be responsible for leading, training, supervising and delegating duties to the catering team, and making sure all duties are carried out to a high standard. The postholder will provide consistency in the smooth running of the kitchen operations and to create menus for users, ensuring food is varied and nutritional, whilst staying within allocated budgets.
Applicants must have:
- Level 3 diploma or higher cooking qualification
- Numeracy and well developed IT skills i.e. Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of health and safety practices and able to work within these guidelines
Good to have, however not essential:
- Hospitality/Hotel Management qualification or equivalent accredited with a professional
- Knowledge of the YMCA, its services and local facilities
- Able to demonstrate understanding of the key business areas in which the organisation operates and have a clear understanding of the environment in which the organisation exists.
Complete the Application Packs in the links below and then click “Apply” at the bottom of this page.
Closing date: 20th November 2019
We are committed to reflecting the diverse community we serve and creating an inclusive workplace for all people, where everyone feels valued. We encourage applications from a diverse range of people and are committed to employment practices that are fair, responsive and inclusive. We are committed to providing adjustments and accessibility to candidates with a disability.
YMCA St Paul’s Group is a Christian organisation and as an employee you will be required to respect its ethos and uphold its values.
To apply for this job email your application pack to email@example.com