YMCA West London (part of YMCA SPG)
Location: YMCA South Ealing
Contract: Permanent; Part-time, 20 hours per week
Salary: £25,000 pro rata
Closing Date: 24th September 2020
At YMCA we are dedicated to growing/developing our internal talent and assisting employees reach their professional goals through secondment and promotion opportunities. We believe that on-the-job experience will provide you with career stretch and growth, therefore providing you with broader knowledge, experience and adaptability to different practices to achieve best outcomes. We are committed to your development and assisting you achieve your goals, this is further reinforced by the plentiful and diverse training offer available to staff.
About the role
As the Housing Support Officer you will work with up to 30 clients, and you will be responsible for giving advice and assistance on everything from benefit claims to budgeting and accessing health care. You will work to provide our resident members with the support they need to move on to accommodation of their own, conducting interviews and risk assessments and developing outcome-focused support plans.
For more information about the role, click here.
To be successful in this role we are now looking for like-minded driven individuals with the necessary experience to take on this role. You will:
- Possess solid knowledge and experience of housing and supporting young people within a foyer environment.
- Have a proven track record of being able to engage those that can often be ‘difficult to engage, undertake specialist interventions appropriate to the customer’s needs specifically in relation to mental health but it may also include substance misuse and offending behaviour
- Be able to recognise indications of mental health problems, provide specific interventions, to work with statutory agencies in responding to crisis situations including engaging with crisis management plans
- Possess the experience and knowledge to respond to challenging customer situations and behaviour and to use appropriate techniques to de-escalate situations and support customers to positively change their behaviour
- Customers focused and committed to continuous service improvement
- Aptitude to communicate at all levels, and to be able to manage relationships with key external partners to deliver joint support planning for customers
- good working knowledge of housing and welfare benefits
- Able make decisions under pressure
- Good ICT skills
External applications – send to Amy Newton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal applications – send to email@example.com
YMCA ST Pauls Group Application Form – For Internal Applicants
YMCA St Pauls Group Equal Opportunities Form
New Application Pack Guidance YMCA St Pauls Group
YMCA St Pauls Group Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Equal Employment and Diversity
We are committed to reflecting the diverse community we serve and creating an inclusive workplace for all people, where everyone feels valued. We encourage applications from a diverse range of people and are committed to employment practices that are fair, responsive and inclusive. We are committed to providing adjustments and accessibility to candidates with a disability.
YMCA St Paul’s Group is a Christian organisation and as an employee you will be required to respect its ethos and uphold its values.