42 hours per week
Location: Walthamstow, East London
Contract: Permanent, Full time (42 hours per week)
Salary: £21,921 per annum
YMCA St Paul’s Group (SPG) emerged from the coming together of four separate Associations over an 18-month period. The group is largest YMCA in Europe and one of the largest providers of supported housing in London and beyond providing a safe place to stay for over 1,200 residents each night. As well as accommodation, education and training, the Association is focused on the transformation of communities through its 6+ Health and Wellbeing Centres, including an outdoor swimming pool and a wide range of Children, Youth and Family programmes including nurseries, after school clubs and soft play centres. Through the merger and accompanying new investment we expect the range, reach and impact of our services to grow so that we can better realise our vision.
The vision of the Association is of ‘Places where young people thrive and communities flourish’. Its mission is to be ‘an inclusive Christian Association transforming communities so that all young people can belong, contribute and thrive’.
This role is based at our East London hostel, reporting to the Head of Resident Support and Accommodation. The post holder will be expected to:
- Provide service experience and ‘one-stop-shop’ provision to residents
- Be first point of contact for complaints and reports of Anti-Social Behaviour
- Maintain the safety of all personnel in the building through attendance at regular fire drills, risk assessment, lifting and handling.
- Undertake patrols and security checks of the accommodation floors and recreational areas at key times
- Provide a telephone switchboard service for the organisation
- Provide the first point of contact for visitors
- Check in/out Leisure and Fitness members when First Stop Services Officers are not on duty
- Have a good level of English
- Have clear understanding of professional boundaries
- Have at least 2 years’ experience of working in customer service environment, paid or voluntary
- Have experience of cash handling
- Have experience of working within a team
- Have experience working with young people
- Have experience of night patrols and security checks
- Have experience of managing anti-social behaviour
Completed Application Packs should be directed to our external recruitment/response handler’s HR Initiatives Limited c/o email@example.com
Closing date: 5th July 2019
YMCA St Paul’s Group is an equal opportunities employer. We value the importance of diversity and positively welcome applications from all members of the community, including those with disabilities. As a responsible employer, we follow safer recruitment guidelines and if you are selected for an interview you will be required to complete an application form, which will be sent out to you. The successful candidate will be expected to declare all previous offences and to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
YMCA St Paul’s Group is a Christian organisation and as an employee you will be required to respect its ethos and uphold its values
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.