Full TIme, 40 hours per week, £25,136.65
Contract: Fixed Term for 12 months (Maternity Cover)
Salary: £25,136.65 per annum
Youth Project Worker
YMCA St Paul’s Group (SPG) emerged from the coming together of four separate Associations over an 18-month period. The group is largest YMCA in Europe and one of the largest providers of supported housing in London and beyond providing a safe place to stay for over 1,200 residents each night.
The vision of the Association is of ‘Places where young people thrive and communities flourish’. Its mission is to be ‘an inclusive Christian Association transforming communities so that all young people can belong, contribute and thrive’.
This role is located at Walthamstow and surrounding areas, reporting to Area Youth Community Leader, and responsible for sessional staff including student placements and volunteers. The post holder will be expected to lead the development of youth activities and coordinate a volunteers’ programme targeting challenging and vulnerable young people. The team will liaise with internal and external agencies in the decision making and direction of the service. The postholder will engage in all aspects of youth and community work and settings; centre based, detached or outreach work with an emphasis on new initiatives that lead to sustainability of the service.
Applicants should have:
- Professional qualification equivalent to Diploma in Higher Education or Foundation Degree in Social Science/Education or Youth Work
- 3 years experience of leading, designing and delivering a project or developing youth activity programmes
- Knowledge of the particular requirements of young people who have experience difficulty or challenges from diverse backgrounds
- Experience of monitoring of service delivery, meeting objectives and targets and achieving successful outcomes for young people
- Experience of developing young women only activities/programmes
- Understanding of issues relating to safeguarding and child protection
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
Completed Application Packs should be directed to our external recruitment partner Morgan Hunt at Amy.Newton@Morganhunt.com
Closing date: 15 November 2019
YMCA St Paul’s Group is an equal opportunities employer. We value the importance of diversity and positively welcome applications from all members of the community, including those with disabilities. We aim to make our recruitment process as accessible and inclusive as possible, so if candidates need any reasonable adjustments during the process, please let us know.
As a responsible employer, we follow safer recruitment guidelines. The successful candidate will be expected to declare all previous offences and to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
YMCA St Paul’s Group is a Christian organisation and as an employee you will be required to respect its ethos and uphold its values.
To apply for this job email your application pack to Amy.Newton@morganhunt.com