Job Title: Night Support officers – Slough
Location: YMCA Slough, Brtiwell Project
Contract: Permanent – Bank – Temp
Closing Date: 31 October 2018
Night Support Officer: Fulltime, permanent
Salary: £16,626 per annum
Bank Staff (x 4): Temporary
YMCA West London is a charity and registered housing provider whose mission is to be an inclusive Christian Association transforming communities so that all young people can belong, contribute and thrive. As a member of the wider YMCA Federation, our vision is of places where young people thrive and communities flourish.
We are looking to appoint a dedicated and motivated Night Support Officers in our Britwell Hostel.
The post holder will be expected to provide high quality and intensive LAC support delivery with associated services to young people who are mostly Looked After. The post holder will provide quality and safe accommodation, work with each service user in a sensitive manner, involve service users in decision making, enable young people access statutory and specialist services and assist young people in learning the life skills required to live independently.
Some duties include:
- Providing tailored interventions required to support and meet needs of young people aged 16+ who may (or not) be Care Leavers
- Demonstrating excellent ICT and communication skills
- Working independently with minimal supervision to support and safeguard young people in placement
- Demonstrating genuine passion, drive and motivation in delivering interventions to young people placed in our care
- Giving advice, advocacy and liaison, emotional support and general counselling, help in gaining access to other services, help in establishing personal safety and supervision and monitoring of health and wellbeing
- Giving help in settling residents into the accommodation, helping in maintaining licence or tenancy, developing domestic, life, social and behaviour skills and management
- Ensuring the residents are aware of health, safety and security policies and procedures, deal with any health/safety/security issues raised by staff members and ensure the residents know the procedures for reporting abuse or neglect
The successful candidate will join a skilled team of support staff, and will bring energy and enthusiasm to the post as well as a commitment to wanting to support residents and make a difference to their lives.
Ideally, we are looking for a person with previous experience in a similar role and an understanding of the social housing/care leaver service delivery would be advantageous.
If you possess some experience of working in a similar role at a similar level of responsibility; possess good communication and relationship management skills; have experience of dealing with vulnerable groups and security issues associated with a residential setting and working with emergency services, we encourage you to apply to work with us.
For a full job description, applicant pack, please the links below. Completed Application Packs should be directed to our external recruitment/response handler’s HR Initiatives Limited c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 31 October 2018
YMCA St Paul’s Group is an equal opportunities employer. We value the importance of diversity and positively welcome applications from all members of the community, including those with disabilities. As a responsible employer, we follow safer recruitment guidelines and if you are selected for an interview you will be required to complete an application form, which will be sent out to you. The successful candidate will be expected to declare all previous offences and to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
YMCA St Paul’s Group is a Christian organisation and as an employee you will be required to respect its ethos and uphold its values.
Charity No: 104192