Job Title: Senior Night Support Manager
Location: YMCA Hayes
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Hours of Work: 70 hours per week – one week on, one week off
Salary: £19,395.64 per annum
Closing Date: 12:00 midday 30 November 2018
YMCA St Paul’s Group is a charity and registered housing provider whose mission is to be an inclusive Christian Association transforming communities so that all young people can belong, contribute and thrive. As a member of the wider YMCA Federation, our vision is of places where young people thrive and communities flourish.
This role is based at our YMCA Ventura House in Hayes, reporting to the Housing Manager. The post holder will be expected to provide high quality, holistic support and temporary housing accommodation with associated facilities for young vulnerable people to develop their personal and social skills sufficient for them to live independently from the YMCA in a sustainable way and assist them to move on in a planned manner to more independent accommodation. Every member of staff, therefore, has the support of residents as their primary purpose. The principle accountabilities of this post therefore flow from that premise.
Ideally, we are looking for a person with previous experience in a similar role and who will bring energy, passion and commitment to this position. An understanding of the social housing/charity sector is essential.
Some duties include:
• Giving advice, advocacy and liaison, emotional support and general counselling.
• Providing help in gaining access to other services
• Helping to establish personal safety and security
• Supervising and monitoring health and wellbeing
• Helping to maintain safety and security of accommodation
• Giving advice and support in relation to repairs and improvements of accommodation
• Ensuring the residents are aware of Health, Safety and Security policies and procedures
• Managing staff in accordance with the values and policies of West London YMCA
Applicants should have knowledge of the handling of emergency situations and working with emergency services; have up to one year’s previous experience of night support work in a residential setting; have up to one year’s of previous line management experience; be able to communicate effectively; have basic reception skills and be able to work alone as well as in a team.
Charity No: 104192