The Finding your Feat leadership programme is a leadership and employability skills development programme delivered by YMCA St Paul’s Group in partnership with SEGRO and Landaid. Its goal is to empower young people experiencing homelessness to reach their goals.
Aimed at our young residents, the programme runs over an 8-week period from Tuesday 5 July 2022 and helps young people develop the attitudes and skills needed to make long term positive life choices, focusing on teamwork and confidence building, mental and physical health, independence and employability skills, and goal setting and planning.
In partnership with:
70% of previous participants moved onto positive outcomes
Two days a week for 8 weeks – hosted at YMCA Slough and external venues
- Week 1 – Confidence building
- Week 2 – Teamwork
- Week 3 – Mental/Physical Health
- Week 4 – Independence skills
- Week 5 – Leadership – Community project
- Week 6 – Employability
- Week 7 – Employability
- Week 8 – Goal setting/ celebration
|70% of participants moved onto positive outcomes |
|Entry into/sustainment of education|
|Employment and training, aspirations raised|
|Employability and key life skills attained|
|Ability to set and achieve goals|
|Confidence, emotion management and leadership skills|
- Young referred by the housing team will have dedicated 1-2-1 induction sessions with their key youth worker to establish goals, buy in and expectations for the programme
- The week before the programme will be a group introduction day at Slough with food to meet the team and other young people attending
- Young people will be offered a mentor as part of this programme either their key worker support or through volunteer mentors
This work was made possible through the support of SEGRO and LandAid.