One night on the pitch can make a lifetime of difference
Friday 11 May 20.00 – 07.00
QPR Loftus Road stadium, South Africa Road, London W12 7PJ
Registration from 19.00 – 20.00. There will be some shelter, toilets and the Blue and White Bar room for hot drinks.
There will be access to the pitch and there will be an optional tour of the stadium during the evening so you’ll get to see the famous grounds.
The site will be secure with security staff on patrol.
London Underground stations:
- White City Central Line + five-minute walk
- Wood Lane Hammersmith & City line + seven-minute walk
- Shepherds Bush + 15-minute walk
There is no parking at the stadium. You can park at the Westfield Shopping Centre in Shepherds Bush. It is open seven days a week and costs £8. When programming your Satnav device, use the postcode W12 7SL via West Cross route & Holland Park roundabout. Some of the local roads have free parking.
What to bring
- Wear lots of layers, and if possible, thermal undergarments – it is better to be warm and take layers off than the other way round.
- Bring a sleeping bag and plenty of blankets.
- A foil blanket is handy too – wrapped around you, they retain 95% of your body heat by reflecting it back at you.You can bring a hot water bottle.
- Wear a hat – a lot of heat leaves your body through your head…
- Bring a torch. It will be dark outside. Candles are not permitted.
- Bring drinks and snacks; coffee and tea will be available throughout the night.
- Please don’t bring any valuables with you, but if you do, we advise you to put them in the bottom of your sleeping bag when you go to sleep.
- No alcohol is permitted at the event. You will not be allowed to take part if you bring alcohol with you.
- Do bring a sense of humour!
- We will provide a cardboard box, a light supper and breakfast in the morning, plus tea and coffee in the kitchen.
- Feel free to decorate your cardboard box so do bring along anything you would like to use to decorate yours!
- Enjoy a tour of the QPR stadium.
- Please take care and look after yourself and those around you; you are asked to behave responsibly at all times.
- Although there may be food establishments nearby, we encourage you to stay onsite for the evening so bring snacks and sandwiches with you to last the night.
- After 11.30 pm, we will be sleeping, so please be quiet.
- The event will finish at 07.00 on Saturday 12 May.
- QPR Work Force – a back to work programme which targets ex-service personnel to help them to get closer to the job market.
- YMCA West London’s Employability range of youth programmes from health and wellbeing support to employment and training programmes and counselling. One night could make a lifetime of difference to a young person in need.
You can set up your own JustGiving online fundraising page linked to the Sleep Out Campaign page – free to set up and easy to use.
Download paper sponsorship forms here. Please send any completed paper sponsorship forms and a cheque for your sponsorship as soon as possible after the event to Communications, YMCA South Ealing, 25 St. Mary’s Road, Ealing W5 5RE. Cheques should be made payable to “West London YMCA”. All monies should be received by the charity by 30 June 2018. If for any reason you choose not to, or are unable to take up your place at the event, all sponsorship forms and money collected must be forwarded to YMCA West London.
Thank you – thank you taking the challenge. One night on the pitch could make a lifetime of difference.
Get in touch: