Responsible to: Team Leader: Housing & Support
Based at Location: YMCA Surbiton although may be reuiqred to work at any YMCA St Paul’s Group
Hours: 40 hours per week, worked on a rota basis, including evenings, weekends and public holidays
Closing Date: 26th April 2019
Context of the Organisation
YMCA St Paul’s Group (SPG) emerged from the coming together of four separate Associations over an 18-month period. The group is largest YMCA in Europe and one of the largest providers of supported housing in London and beyond providing a safe place to stay for over 1,200 residents each night. As well as accommodation, education and training, the Association is focused on the transformation of communities through its 6+ Health and Wellbeing Centres, including an outdoor swimming pool and a wide range of Children, Youth and Family programmes including nurseries, after school clubs and soft play centres. Through the merger and accompanying new investment we expect the range, reach and impact of our services to grow so that we can better realise our vision.
The vision of the Association is of ‘Places where young people thrive and communities flourish’. Its mission is to be ‘an inclusive Christian Association transforming communities so that all young people can belong, contribute and thrive’.
We are looking for someone to provide a Support Broker service addressing residents’ support needs, sign-posting them to agencies and supporting and encouraging them to acquire the skills to move into more independent living.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- To complete risk and needs assessments and regular reviews with supported residents. Support Brokers work with supported residents with a variety of support needs, including those with mental, physical health issues, and learning disabilities, offenders, those experiencing family breakdown, or suffering with alcohol/drug issues.
- To be responsible for ensuring supported residents receive an exceptionally good customer service experience from start to end of the “Resident Pathway” framework.
- To be responsible for new referrals, move-ins and inductions, and ensuring the “Resident Pathway” is delivered to all supported residents. This will consist of support and opportunities to develop residents’ confidence and independent living skills to help improve their future lives.
Benefits of working with us:
- Free use of our health and fitness wellbeing facilities (including gym, sports hall, sauna);
- 15% staff discount in our restaurant
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- A salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Contributory group pension scheme
Completed Application Packs should be directed to our external recruitment/response handler’s HR Initiatives Limited c/o Zoe.Sheehan@HRInitiatives.co.uk
Closing date: 26th April 2019 Charity No: 1041923
YMCA St Paul’s Group is an equal opportunities employer. We value the importance of diversity and positively welcome applications from all members of the community, including those with disabilities. As a responsible employer, we follow safer recruitment guidelines and if you are selected for an interview you will be required to complete an application form, which will be sent out to you. The successful candidate will be expected to declare all previous offences and to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
YMCA St Paul’s Group is a Christian organisation and as an employee you will be required to respect its ethos and uphold its values.