Location: Roxeth Gate, Harrow
Contract: Permanent contract, 14 hours per week (Sat and Sun 8am-3pm or 3pm-10pm)
Salary: £6180.72 per annum
YMCA West London is a part of YMCA St Paul’s Group (SPG). SPG emerged from the coming together of four separate Associations over an 18-month period. The group is largest YMCA in Europe and one of the largest providers of supported housing in London and beyond providing a safe place to stay for over 1,200 residents each night. As well as accommodation, education and training, the Association is focused on the transformation of communities through its 6+ Health and Wellbeing Centres, including an outdoor swimming pool and a wide range of Children, Youth and Family programmes including nurseries, after school clubs and soft play centres. Through the merger and accompanying new investment we expect the range, reach and impact of our services to grow so that we can better realise our vision.
The vision of the Association is of ‘Places where young people thrive and communities flourish’. Its mission is to be ‘an inclusive Christian Association transforming communities so that all young people can belong, contribute and thrive’.
This role is based at our YMCA in Roxeth Gate, reporting to the Housing Manager. The post holder will be expected to provide high quality, holistic support and temporary housing accommodation with associated facilities for young vulnerable people to develop their personal and social skills sufficient for them to live independently from the YMCA in a sustainable way and assist them to move on in a planned manner to more independent accommodation.
- Giving advice, advocacy and liaison, emotional support and general counselling
- Helping residents in gaining access to other services, as well as establishing personal safety and security
- Maintaining the safety and security of the accommodation
- Monitoring movement of residents in and out of the building and checking the visitor’s list to ensure all guests leave the premises at appropriate times
- Regularly patrolling the premises and ensuring the House Rules and License Agreement are adhered to
- Ensuring the residents are aware of Health, Safety and Security Policies and Procedures
- Ensuring that residents understand the Procedures for reporting abuse or neglect
- Have knowledge of the handling of emergency situations and working with emergency services
- Have knowledge of the security issues which arise in a residential setting
- Have knowledge of Supporting People Programme and the issues facing young vulnerable people
- Have knowledge of basic reception duties
- Have up to one year’s previous experience of work in a Supported housing or similar environment
- Have up to one year’s experience of working with a vulnerable client group
For a full job description, applicant pack, applicant privacy notice please visit the YMCA St Pauls Group website at www.ymcastpaulsgroup.org. Completed Application Packs should be directed to our external recruitment/response handler’s HR Initiatives Limited c/o email@example.com
Closing date: 13 February 2019
YMCA St Paul’s Group is an equal opportunities employer. We value the importance of diversity and positively welcome applications from all members of the community, including those with disabilities. As a responsible employer, we follow safer recruitment guidelines and if you are selected for an interview you will be required to complete an application form, which will be sent out to you. The successful candidate will be expected to declare all previous offences and to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
YMCA St Paul’s Group is a Christian organisation and as an employee you will be required to respect its ethos and uphold its values