Location: South Ealing
Contract: Permanent contract, Term time only (41 weeks), Part time (16 hours)
Salary: £10.66 per hour
YMCA West London is a part of YMCA St Paul’s Group (SPG). SPG emerged from the coming together of four separate Associations over an 18-month period. The group is largest YMCA in Europe and one of the largest providers of supported housing in London and beyond providing a safe place to stay for over 1,200 residents each night. As well as accommodation, education and training, the Association is focused on the transformation of communities through its 6+ Health and Wellbeing Centres, including an outdoor swimming pool and a wide range of Children, Youth and Family programmes including nurseries, after school clubs and soft play centres. Through the merger and accompanying new investment we expect the range, reach and impact of our services to grow so that we can better realise our vision.
The vision of the Association is of ‘Places where young people thrive and communities flourish’. Its mission is to be ‘an inclusive Christian Association transforming communities so that all young people can belong, contribute and thrive’.
This role is based at our YMCA in South Ealing, reporting to the Children, Youth and Community Services Manager and responsible for volunteers, trainees and assistant coaches. The post holder will be expected to develop and coordinate a challenging, stimulating and safe activity programme for children and adults; ensuring that each individual is involved and encouraged to participate fully and realise his/her full potential. The post holder will also be expected to act as the face of Y Active through excellent customer services and care, representing the good name of Y Active and YMCA West London at all times.
Some duties include:
- Work closely with his/her manager to develop a varied programme of chargeable physical activities for adults and children, including planning and timetabling.
- Run classes mainly for children (but also possibly some adult classes), including set up and clear down of equipment in the studio.
- Monitor and appraise participant’s progress and skill levels as necessary.
- Take accurate registers of attendees ensuring every participant has paid. Book in and collect payment from customers who have not pre-booked.
- Become proficient in the use of the online booking system and Apps (Mindbody). Supporting customers to register, pay and solve basic problems.
- Contribute to developing marketing material and promotions with his/her manager and the Marketing and Communications Team.
- Organise events for children to showcase their learning.
- Participate and help organise publicity events and tasks (which may be run outside of normal working hours with time back in lieu or paid as overtime)
- Induct and manage staff (volunteers, trainees, work placements, paid staff, etc.) who assist in the running of his/her classes.
- Have knowledge of Curriculum planning and delivery
- Have knowledge of children’s welfare and safeguarding needs
- Have up to date knowledge of legislation and governing bodies in this area of work
- Have knowledge of health and safety issues concerning the delivery of activity classes
- Have experience of delivering activity classes
- Hold a recognized qualification in dance/drama or recognized and relevant fitness teaching qualification
Benefits include: On going staff development, training, opportunities for career progression, 22 days annual leave (increasing by a day per year to a maximum of 27 pro rata plus bank holidays), a pension scheme, free Life Assurance, Child Care vouchers scheme, Cycle2Work scheme, free Health cash plan including an Employee Assistance Programme.
Completed Application Packs should be directed to our external recruitment/response handler’s HR Initiatives Limited c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
Y Active Coach Job Description
Closing date: 21 January 2019
Interview dates: 28 January onwards
YMCA St Paul’s Group is an equal opportunities employer. We value the importance of diversity and positively welcome applications from all members of the community, including those with disabilities. As a responsible employer, we follow safer recruitment guidelines and if you are selected for an interview you will be required to complete an application form, which will be sent out to you. The successful candidate will be expected to declare all previous offences and to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
YMCA St Paul’s Group is a Christian organisation and as an employee you will be required to respect its ethos and uphold its values