We are now in a National lockdown that began on Thursday 5 November. It is with sadness that we have had to cancel our planned centre-based youth sessions until at least 2 December 2020.
We hope that you all remain safe and well and we look forward to welcoming you back as soon as we are able to do so.
See our social media pages for any further information and the latest updates.
You can find the weekly playground and virtual timetables below.
YMCA@Dickerage Virtual Community Centre
Weekly update 23 November:
What we did last week:
The playground remains open this time around also with schools open this meant young people continue to use the basketball/football courts and skatepark.
We continued with our online sessions including a Tuesday drop-in youth session, a community zoom session on Friday, and one to ones. We also continued to support through our social media platforms with mental health Monday, our new fun Fridays Video with Dan’s lockdown ball in the cup challenge. As this week was anti- bullying week we listened to Allison’s poem and reminded everyone about the importance of being kind. We also celebrated Children in Need and Diwali this week.
Can we also give massive congratulations to our very own Declan Rice on scoring his first goal for England, a true Dickerage boy that we’re so very proud of.
This week saw our interactions on Instagram increase by 288% and we continued to reach nearly 2000 people on Facebook.
Here are some anti-bullying tips.
please talk to someone if you feel worried or anxious
1. It is not your fault if you are being bullied
2. The important thing is to tell someone about it
3. Express your feelings appropriately, don’t let it get to the point where you seek revenge
4. Save or copy photos, video’s, texts or emails or posts in case they’re needed later
5. Think of other ways to respond to bullies, i.e. “I don’t like it when you say/do that”
6. Only be with people who make you feel good about yourself
7. Walk away because your self-respect is important to your well-being
8. Participate in activities that you enjoy and that you do well
9. Be proud of who you are, remember the problem is with them, not you
10. Remember to be kind to other people
Support from youth workers
Remember we are always around even if you just need a chat. Stay safe and look out for each other.
Call Dan on 07785610385 to check-in or if just want to chat.
We have been keeping our social media platforms fun, interesting and up to date, we will ramp things up this month so don’t forget to check them out.
Our team is also here if you need any other support.
Check out our new Digital Youth Centre
Join in with our online activities, resources, and games. Here you’ll find some ways to connect, learn, and play.
Youth Activities Timetable - Week beginning Monday 16 November
Free youth activities and projects providing safe and inviting spaces for young people and the community.
Dickerage Sports and Community Centre offers a variety of activities and clubs to all ages. Young people also have the chance to gain qualifications. We have also have large adventure playground.
The centre’s facilities include:
- five-a-side football
- mountain play tower
- under 8s play area: slides, swings and climbing frame
- multi-use games area
- a newly refurbished skate park
Our enthusiastic and qualified staff run a variety of activities including sports, arts and crafts, life skills, music and dance, and a range of workshops.