The base for our work in the community in slough is The Hangout.
The purpose of our work
We work with at risk children to improve their engagement in learning and with at risk or NEET young people aged 12 – 25 to improve their skills and aspirations and re-engagement with education, training and employment.
We mainly work with young people aged 6 – 25 to improve their safety, health, and level of activity.
We also have a group aimed at ANYONE over 50! Please get in touch if you are over 50 and interested in art, IT, knitting, bingo or word search. We are also open to new ideas.
We work with individuals from different faith, ethnic and generational groups to improve community cohesion.
What we do
- Homework Club
- I.T. skills training
- Arts and crafts
- Job Club – C.V. writing, job search, employability skills
- Dance sessions
- Trips – e.g. London Zoo
- Celebration of National Events – eg Bonfire Night, Remembrance Day.
- Weekly sports sessions – table tennis, football, basketball, tae kwon do, pool.
- Healthy eating sessions
- Outdoor physical activity sessions
- Senior club – book club, I.T. training, bingo, guest speakers, movie club
- Support for local Roma Community – applications for benefit and school admissions, interpreting
To hire out the Hangout – please contact Iuliana Demeter on 01753 810741