Work for our inclusive charity and the largest provider of accommodation for homeless people in London. You’ll be supporting young people and local communities to flourish.
We’re a diverse and inclusive organisation whose values shape our work culture as well as our strategy and policies. Being part of YMCA St Paul’s Group means not only working for a great London based charity supporting young people and communities but also being part of a national association and global movement.
- Occupational health support
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme: 12 months’ interest free loan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave pro rata plus bank holidays rising progressively to 30 days after five years of service
- Pool/gym membership: Free use of the gym and group exercise classes at any of our centres and free access to Hampton Pool
- Childcare discount: 25% discount for each child attending Afterschool, Breakfast Club or one of our Holiday Playschemes
- Training: We offer a wide range of programmes for our staff members
- Access to our Company rewards programme which provides discounts to hundreds of retailers provided currently by reward gateway
- Refreshment/restaurant discounts: Free work-based hot drinks and further 15% catering discount (excludes pre-packed items)
(Not applicable for 0 hour or casual workers)
I joined the YMCA St Paul’s Group because I wanted to give something back by using my skills and passion for getting the best outcome for those who need it most in society.
I find it rewarding that by working as part of a team, we improve the lives of those who use, work, live, and are part of the community of YMCA St Pauls group. YMCA’s ethos of body, mind and spirit creates a unique and reflective culture where delivery and results have a purpose of improving lives.
I would highly recommend joining if you care and want to be part of a team that makes a positive difference – YMCA St Paul’s Group is for you.
Hala Osman, Committee Member
We expect to be generous with our kindness, compassion and respect, treating others as we would like to be treated ourselves.
We know that everyone is unique, and we want to resource and equip people so that they can hope for a better future and make the best decisions.
We understand that everyone has the potential for wholeness in body, mind and spirit. We acknowledge where brokenness and hurt have damaged this fullness of life and commit to encouraging and empowering others to grow.
We place relationship at the heart of all we do, knowing that we grow better together. We will consider the thinking, emotions, personality and situation of each individual and we will draw out and support resilience, learning and transformative personal development.
We value all people, of faith and none and welcome all by celebrating diversity and challenging inequality. Within our internal teams, service users and other community collaborators we recognise the best solutions are co-created.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We know the importance of diversity and positively welcome applications from all members of the community, including those with disabilities. We are a Christian organisation who welcomes and serves all faiths and none. Employees are required to respect our ethos and uphold our values.
The vision of YMCA St Paul’s Group is of ‘places where young people thrive and communities flourish’. To do that we need to ensure that we safeguard the needs of all children, young people and vulnerable adults, who use our services.
Safeguarding is a key priority of the Charity and as such we have a requirement for all staff, volunteers and contractors to support us in its delivery.
As part of that commitment, we do require that once shortlisted, candidates make the necessary disclosures in advance of a Disclosure and Barring Service Check being made at the appropriate level should you reach the offer stage.
Please see the below guidance in regards to our application and recruitment practices.