Enjoy the same high-quality, enjoyable children’s courses.
Our activities are run by qualified, experienced, and very friendly coaches and are designed to boost little ones’ developments and fire up imaginations. We’re sure you’ll find the perfect activity for your little one at very competitive prices.
As much as we would like to offer the full complement of classes and courses you all love, we have had to reduce class sizes, amend timings, age groups, and the range of activities.
Courses have started back at YMCA South Ealing.
We are delighted to announce that we are able to start some of our sessions again starting 09 September.
Working within government guidelines and putting the safety of all at the forefront of what we do, we will be doing things a little differently at Y Active this half term.
We will be running a timetable until October half- term week and will be operating only from the South Ealing site at this time.
The sessions offered this half of the autumn term will be only available for children aged between 3 and 9 years old. We hope to resume a fuller range of activities for all ages as soon as it is safe to do, following government guidance.
Please see the timetable below for full details.
Children's Courses September/October 2020
Experienced, Qualified Coaches
Delivering courses for 3 – 9 year olds.
Courses include Gym Kids and Gymnastics, Street Dance, Music & Movement and Mini Gym.
All courses are enrolment only, pre-booking and no drop in.
Free Parking For Drop Off & Pick Up
Free Parking available for those dropping off or picking up to and from Y Active.
Waiting in the building or entering the studio is not permitted.
Please remember to register your car at reception
We want all staff, parents, and children to be confident that the provision is safe and we have relevant control measures in response to Covid-19. A comprehensive risk assessment has been completed.
To help ensure the risk of virus spread is as low as possible we will be putting the following control measures in place to keep people safe and have this at the forefront of everything we do;
- Social distancing will be encouraged for children over 5 at all possible times and we will have posters displayed on site to remind staff, parents, and children of this information.
- All activities operate as courses to ensure the same children attend each week.
- Activities will have a maximum of 7 children.
- All resources in use will be cleaned at the end of each class
- We have a non-contact hand sanitiser as you enter the reception area.
- The studio floor has been marked into bays.
- Your child will need to bring a bottle of water labelled with their name.
- We will encourage the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it, approach, please could you do the same.
- A maximum of 2 adults will be allowed in the studio (coach and co-ordinator or volunteer).
To maintain social distancing for adults and in order to ensure the safety of everyone, we request that only one parent drops off.
- Parents will come into the main YMCA reception and drop their child off with the coach at the studio entrance. Your child will be registered by the coach.
- Please exit the building by the door next to the studio to avoid congestion in the main reception area.
- Parents cannot enter the studio or wait within the building.
You will be able to collect your child the same way you dropped them off. If you arrive a little earlier than the collection time you will need to wait just outside the main entrance to the building. When it is time, come to the studio door and the coach will allow your child out.
Please leave the building by the door next to the studio to avoid congestion in the reception area.
Even with measures in place, children will need to adapt and make changes to their actions and behaviours. We understand that this may be unsettling for your child, and they may need a significant amount of preparation and support in the initial phrase of this readjustment. We would like to ask you to do the following things with your child;
- Talk your child through the guidance in this document, explaining to them what changes can expect to take place and why they are important.
- Speak to the coaches if your child finding it difficult to adapt.
- Ensure your child uses the toilet and washes their hands before they enter the studio.
- If your child requires any medication e.g inhaler, please speak to the coach. You will be required to complete a consent form.
- If your child starts to feel unwell and will not be able to attend a session, please call the Y Active number. If they display Covid-19 symptoms you must let as soon as soon as possible and not bring them in.
- If your child becomes unwell during a class, the coordinator or coach will call you.
If you have any questions, please email us at Yactive@ymcaspg.org
Anne-Marie Buckley: Children, Youth and Community Manager
FAQs and information for parents/carers about how we will be running Y Active Courses this half of the Autumn Term
Yes, at present we’re offering a reduced timetable up until October half-term.
No, we’re not offering trials at present.
Yes, you need to book and pay online via the Mindbody app. (Details and links are on this page).
No, parents are not allowed into the studio. You will hand your child over to the coach at the studio door. The coach will place your child on the register.
No, currently the café is closed. We do not have a date for re-opening.
Yes, the car park is open and free to customers. Please remember to register your vehicle at reception.
No, customers cannot wait onsite. We do not have a waiting area. However, you can wait in your car. Also, there are coffee shops directly opposite the YMCA.
No, at the moment our changing facilities are closed to maintain social distancing.
Yes, our toilets are open to customers. However, there is reduced capacity.
No, not for the first half-term. This will be looked at after the October half-term.
Yes please, all children must bring their own bottle with their name on it.
If you have any further questions or would like more information please get in touch using the details below.